Thursday, 30 September 2010

A book a week in 2010: 'The Dirt' by Motley Crue


Oh Lordy.

I was warned about this book. It was a title I selected at the Skillset Book Swap.

"You're not, er, squeamish are you?" my colleague asked with trepidation.

Now I understand why.

If, like me, you aren't into mega-permed, tattooed rockers in black leather, eye-liner and high heels (can you *feel* my derision there?) then you too will only know Motley Crue as the band that Tommy-Lee-who-married-Pamela-Anderson is in. This is their collaborative group biography, and then some. It's a roller coaster ride: covering their dysfunctional childhoods, crazy teenage years, and totally bonkers adult lives.

Hold on to your hats. And your trousers. And pants. Oh, and keep an eye on any booze or pharmaceuticals you've got lying around the place. And for God's sake, don't invite your sister and her friends around.

Hilarious. Entertaining. Offensive. Most definitely NOT for the squeamish.

No comments:

Post a Comment